Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Mr. Sean's Spoiler-ific New Maui Adventures

The not so professional blog post title says a lot. I recently have been playing the latest installment of the Animal Crossing franchise, New Horizons. Thanks to the current climate that we are in, I've had more time to play video games (and work on other stuff such as catching up on books and Kanji, but that's for another time). The photos below and their associated stories may only be in order by date taken, but I'm not stressed out about that. If you have not played the game and do not want to be spoiled, click away if you insist on playing the game spoiler-free. For those who care less about spoilers, let's go! There will be a part two so each post isn't too long of a scroll.























Photo Stories


Bees vs Wasps

In Animal Crossing: New Horizons, shaking trees can result in a nest falling out of the tree and a swarm of insects fixin' to sting you. In previous games the stinging critters were called bees but in New Horizons, they are wasps, a much more merciless being. Lucky for the player and the honeybee in game, the honeybee cannot sting.



Fear the Ghost? Nah! Fear the Human!

The island that your character moves to that was deserted wasn't completely deserted as a ghost named Wisp randomly shows up at night to move around. Contrary to popular belief, Wisp the ghost is not scary at all and in fact is afraid of you the first time you make contact with it. Wisp will split into his base form and five soul pieces that you "have" to catch for him. More on that in a later photo.



Delighted Tom Nook

I included this picture of Tom Nook, the leader of the deserted island getaway promotion, as I've never seen him this delighted over anything. He may have tired looking eyes, but he's got enthusiasm to spare.



Purr-sonal Design

I am able to make my own designs for clothing and easels and the ground in this game, so I was inspired by my Pusheen cross-stitch kit for ideas. The funny thing is nearly all my neighbors have bought a Pusheen loves donuts t-shirt.


Patience is Rewarded

If you are ever awake during the night, look up when it is clear and maybe you'll be lucky to see some shooting stars. I've yet to have a meteor shower announced to me on my island so as far as I know, I just got lucky.


Big Spoiler for 10 Months

As of the time of writing (May 2020), New Horizons has been out for two months, so two months worth of people have already seen scenes similar to this but to those who celebrate their birthday later in the year or in January and February, this probably counts as a spoiler. I was surprised that my neighbors went to all the trouble to throw ole' Mr. Sean a party. What a way to turn 25!


Somewhere Over the Rainbow

I got really lucky one day to see a double rainbow after the rains ended. Double rainbows are rare in the game as they are in real life.


A Reminder for Zipper

During the first half of April this year, a menace named Zipper T. Bunny came ashore and wreaked havoc on the natural ecosystem of New Maui. He replaced a lot of the fish with eggs, some of the trees sprouted eggs, and even buried eggs underground. Since I couldn't nab the real deal, a stand-in will serve his sentence.


No comments:

Post a Comment