Monday, October 1, 2018

Goals for October

First off, thank you to everybody who voted on what my next blog post should be about. Goals for October won so I'll explain my goals for this month.

1. 90 percent or more mastery in Khan Academy Algebra

Why accomplish this goal: Even though I graduated from Millersville University with a degree in Meteorology and Mathematics, I figure that going back to basics can't hurt. Though I made the goal 90 percent or more rather than full mastery as Khan Academy has a tendency to make students wait for mastery challenges, which is suitable for students learning at their grade or class level but is an inconvenience for those using it for review. Current percentage mastery for me is 77 percent.

2. Complete Khan Academy Trig

Why is it different from Khan Academy Algebra? Besides being different "courses", I only have one or two more concepts to master before I complete this part of the math sequence.

3. 3100 XP in Duolingo Japanese

Duolingo has its weaknesses and its strengths, especially with languages that primarily use character sets that are not the Roman Alphabet. I'm using to gauge how much Japanese I know from my limited knowledge. Also it was easier to make a discrete goal about Duolingo than to make a goal about how far to work in a workbook. Hopefully I'll eventually be fluent in Japanese.

4. Mario Kart: Double Dash! 100cc All Cup Tour Perfect Score

All Cup Tour is what it says on the tin, the racers go through all sixteen courses in every cup of Mario Kart. First place gets 10 points per race and I'm aiming for a perfect 160 points. It's a challenge of gaming endurance as an individual cup can be completed around 10 minutes in the 100cc class of Mario Grand Prix but the All Cup Tour takes about 40 minutes to complete in one sitting.

5. 30 day plank challenge

I've yet to complete a 30 day single exercise challenge and figured that planks would be challenging and not boring.

6. 500 tiny origami swans folded
7. 250 tiny origami cranes folded

I've fallen behind on my tiny origami goals for this year and need to catch up fast. Good thing swans are quick to fold. Cranes on the other hand not as much when they are tiny.

8. At least five blog posts posted this month

I promised that I would write more blog posts before the year ends. Also it's been a year since I started and I want to thank all the people who've read my blog so far and I hope I can keep writing somewhat engaging content for at least another year.

So those are most of my goals for the month of October, good luck to me! Also I apologize for the lack of a picture in this post, I couldn't find an appropriate photo that would relate to this post.


No comments:

Post a Comment