Thursday, November 1, 2018

Goals for November

Since I did a post for goals in October, I see not much harm in doing a post for November, but depending on how things go, I may or may not continue posting about my monthly goals after this month. This time I'll focus on five goals as eight goals was too many for October.

1. At least ten blog posts on the Mr. Sean 2001 blog.

I want my blog to not appear as dead as it did earlier in the year and I like writing when I did not have to write in a specific way to satisfy some not so logical whims of a high school English class. I haven't completely decided what will be included in my blog posts for this month, but this one, the goals reflection post, and what and who I am thankful for posts are definite shoo-ins.

2. Achieve at least 80 percent mastery in Khan Academy Algebra 2
3. Achieve at least 80 percent mastery in Khan Academy Precalculus

These two goals are grouped together as they have Khan Academy in common. In October I completed Algebra 1 and the Trig course and now only have Algebra 2, Precalc, and Calc AB and BC to complete my math mission there. Algebra 2 and Precalc represent the last math courses I found easy to do well in as the problems in those classes were still pretty much plug and chug rather than the proof focused math courses in college.

4. Listen to five different podcasts each week

What I mean by this goal is that in any given week that I listen to five different podcasts rather than five episodes of the same podcast. An example would be I try to listen to Podcasts A, B, C, D, and WeatherBrains rather than five episodes of WeatherBrains in a week. This is one of the easier goals as a lot of the podcasts I listen to have short episodes, but the goal here is variety rather than habit. There are podcasts for pretty much any subject that exists in the world, but I'll stick to weather, math, music, video games, Mike Rowe's The Way I Heard It, and the Art of Manliness podcasts for now.

5.  Not listen to Christmas music until the day after Thanksgiving

To end this blog post, I decided to pick a topic that is not supposed to be so divisive yet it is anyway. Some of my friends will insist that Christmas music is okay all year, others say after Halloween, some say 1 December. I've yet to hear a scrooge say that I can only listen to Christmas music on December 25th. I chose the day after Thanksgiving as it suggests I was patient enough to wait until after a major holiday but is forgiving in being a few days before the first day of December. I will need to get me a new pair of earphones if I can't fix the issue with my Bluetooth headphones by then (long story short, my laptop and my headphones ain't playing nice with each other).

Anyways, I've got some work to do, so I'll see y'all in the next post! Also to start the thankful series: I'm thankful for this blog allowing me to put words to e-paper and for all the readers out there who take time out of their lives to read this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment