Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Month of Thanksgiving 2018, Day 20

Today Mr. Sean is thankful for


This sewing kit

It's a good thing I got this sewing kit when I did. The website of the company that made this kit has it labeled as sold out and it's been sold out for quite a long while. There are good reasons that this specific kit is sold out. One of them is the convenience of having a lot of the supplies in a nifty zip pouch, making it easy to carry on the go. So far, with me learning how to sew stuff, I managed to sew on seven Boy Scout merit badges to a sash, one patch to a vest, and sew up a hole in a pair of pants. My next big goal that involves sewing will be to sew all my Boy Scout patches to a patch blanket. It may be easier to aim for one patch per day, but I'll have to set up the blanket so I have a visual aid of where to sew the patches. A sewing machine would get some of these jobs quicker, but I do get a sense of satisfaction from having sewn things together with a needle, thread, and my own hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment