Saturday, November 10, 2018

Month of Thanksgiving 2018, Day 10

Believe it or not, today Mr. Sean is thankful for


Maryland

Way back in 2004, when my family moved away from Colorful Colorado, I was so used to living in a beautiful state with breathtaking views of the mountains from my house and going to a school where the year started for most students right after the Fourth of July (Lucky B track, of the four tracks at Mission Viejo Elementary School, got to start school at the end of July instead) that moving to a new state was very hard on me. I'll admit it, nine year old me cried a lot during fourth grade trying to adjust to a new place and for a while, I did not like Maryland at all. Thankfully I got used to living in Maryland and fifth grade me cried a lot less than fourth grade me, though I still looked forward to living elsewhere. I got used to living in Maryland throughout middle school and high school, but no love for the state just yet. Everything changed when I went to Millersville University in Pennsylvania and being out of Maryland but making friends from other parts of Maryland made me realize how much I actually like living in Maryland. It'll be hard to move out of Maryland, though hopefully as an adult I'll be able to handle moving better if I do move out. There are a few people in particular I have to thank for making me realize that I like Maryland. Renee Duff, Elizabeth Siebold, and Noah Stitley are a few of my Millersville friends that helped me realize how much I grew to like Maryland. 

No comments:

Post a Comment