Thursday, December 27, 2018

2018 Year in Review, August

The month of August can be summed up in a few nouns: thunderstorms, food, college. Special mention goes out to Isaac's Grill in downtown Lancaster, the flagship location of the Isaac's chain in South Central Pennsylvania. I may have not taken a photo of their delicious food, but if anybody who reads this is ever in downtown Lancaster, you MUST give Isaac's a try! I recommend eating in as they let you eat some free pickles while you wait for your sandwich (their Isaac's Reuben was what I ate).


LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!

August weather was rather volatile, compared to June and July, with the rain coming down from thunderstorms rather than non-stop stratus. Thanks to being at Millersville, I had some opportunity to take photos of thunderclouds without being too hampered by trees like I am at home.


Too big of a deal for a big (compared to its brothers) sandwich?

After I came home from School for the last time, my parents and I ate at McDonalds for a quick bite one day. I decided to finally try a Big Mac. It was worth the hype if you ask me, but then again, I am a fan of thousand island dressing and similar flavored sauces.


Spicy ramen that can hang with my mom's ramen

My mom can make some good ramen, but there are times when I'd like to have way too many ingredients and some inventive flavor. One day in August I was taken to some ramen joint in Rockville, MD and I tried their Akira Volcano ramen. It was spicy as advertised and was a joy for my tastebuds.


Rays at a Ravens game

I was lucky enough to be invited to a Ravens game. It was a preseason version of the Battle of the Beltways against the Washington Redskins. The weather out was okay but provided for some beautiful skies at sunset. Also, I recommend getting the crab dip from some of the concessions, it's really good! 


Mission Complete!

These two words have double meaning in the context of this post. The first meaning is that I successfully completed my summer math course with an A-, thus ensuring that I would earn my diploma in Math and Meteorology. The second meaning is that I finally snapped a photo of the Biemesderfer Executive Center (the Old Library) during summer, completing my four season collection. This photo is a good representation of a good ending to undergraduate study at Millersville University.

No comments:

Post a Comment