Monday, December 31, 2018

2018 Year in Review, December

Finally, the last month, thank you to anybody who has read even one of these posts, and away we go! We have finally reached the last month in 2018 and it was an eventful month at that.


Sounds of the Season, with a lot of Jazz

In early December, the US Army Field Band Jazz Ambassadors were in town and performed for the community some Christmas standards with a jazzy twist. Of course since the band is a military band there was also the customary salute to the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard toward the end of the concert. I know of a few people who could stand for more than one of the services 


All three patterns completed

After more than a few hours but less than many hours, I managed to cross-stitch every pattern from the Pusheen cross-stitch kit. My favorite pattern is the one where Pusheen clutches the donut and has her eyes closed.


Susheen had to watch me eat his favorite food

There's an Asian fusion restaurant near me that has a bunch of sushi choices and dishes from around Asia. Usually I choose various Thai curries, but I finally decided to try their sushi after finding they had choices that didn't contain avocado. The Spicy Shrimp and Spicy Scallop sushi were delicious, delicious enough to eat in front of Susheen, who was very angry with me after dinner for not sharing my sushi with him.


Self-explanatory

So far the sewing of patches on to my blanket has gone off to a slow start, but I'm aiming to focus on completing the blanket before my birthday in 2019. I think a monthly average of 20 patches should suffice as a good goal.



More tiny Lego fun, but with the Denver Broncos this time

For Christmas, one of my presents was a tiny Lego set (I'm using Lego as a generic term for plastic block toy) of the Denver Broncos, my football team. It was interesting to build and thanks to the small size of the blocks the accuracy of the logo is increased.

No comments:

Post a Comment