Thursday, December 20, 2018

2018 Year in Review, January

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to another end of the year recap. Similar to last year, I'll feature five events from each month as illustrated through photos and give a short summary of each event. Ready? Let's Go!


Making sure I didn't lose any tiny non-lego block pieces

In early January, I found my Kinkaku-ji Nanoblock set and was wondering if I managed to not lose a piece from the set. Unlike regular Lego, the smallest block in a Nanoblock set is 4x4x5 millimeters. Thankfully, no lost pieces, but rebuilding the Kinkaku-ji set fueled my early year Nanoblock obsession.


Phubs, Pho and Subs, I got a sub

Just before I returned to Millersville University for the spring semester, my parents decided to try a local Vietnamese place called Phubs. They wanted some pho while I had my eyes on their Banh Mi subs. In particular, I had their honey sriracha shrimp banh mi and the sauce for the shrimp was a great mix of spicy and sweet. I also recommend their spring rolls.


MU-AMS and Bowling, a good combo

After one of the meetings of the local student chapter of the American Meteorological Society, some of the group went bowling. Mr. Sean did not end up in last place and held his own against worthy opponents.


Tiny Spiky Origami Ball of Doom

Back at Millersville and I tried my hand at more tiny origami. I folded 30 Sonobe units from 3 cm by 3 cm paper. Surprisingly, the tiny spiky origami ball is more stable than my giant spiky origami ball of doom.


The Queen of all Nanoblock sets (if you ask me)

At the end of the month, I saw a great deal on the Himeji Castle Nanoblock set on Amazon and I pounced on it as there were (at the time) only a few units left. I sought a challenge and got one with this 2200 piece set. It took me about 12 hours to complete Himeji Castle but it was worth the time. Also Nanoblock is Japanese, which explains the tendency to feature Japanese architecture. 

Stay tuned, if I do things correctly, I'll only have to write up one post per day until the end of the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment