Wednesday, December 26, 2018

2018 Year in Review, July

July is a lot more exciting than June for me this year as I was able (and needed) to go back to Millersville University one last time as an undergraduate. I needed to take a math course to boost a section GPA and through hard work and five weeks in July and August, I did it, but I must not get ahead of myself.


Origami representation of three dimensional space.

At the beginning of the month, I decided to try to fold some more modular origami. Modular origami is a bit tedious as you have to fold multiple units that are shaped the same as each other, but the results are visually impressive. This model came courtesy of the late Francis Ow, who is well known in origami circles for his takes on origami hearts, you could say that despite the planar shapes, that this is my tribute to a great origami artist.


Susheen is feeling patriotic

I don't have much to say here except that how Susheen holds his chopsticks with his nubby paws allows him to carry stick flags also. As the picture was taken on Independence Day, of course the flag had to be American.


What happens when I find a Lego piece I've been missing for years

I cleaned my room yet again in July, but this time I managed to find a Lego piece that I thought I may have lost forever. It was a piece to connect a wheel to the vehicle above and unlike regular Lego sets, the pieces for this Lego set were a bit specialized so losing a piece meant more. It's exciting to find something that was previously thought to be lost.


I had to feature my mom's home cooking at least once this year.

Chinese takeout fried rice only wishes that it could be as good as my mom's fried rice. Though I can't say I'm unbiased, I am comparing food to mom's cooking, and that's usually a losing battle for the challenger.


The true sunset era at Millersville

I attended Millersville University to study meteorology, which is a very math intensive major. 18 year old me would have never imagined that his first and last class at the Ville would be in the math department. I started my undergraduate career with math and I ended my undergraduate career with math. The class I took was Math Proof, and I imagined that some of it would be a cakewalk having been immersed in the ways of the math proof for the past two or so years. In July it definitely was a cakewalk, even the first exam. Stay tuned for August!

No comments:

Post a Comment