Friday, December 28, 2018

2018 Year in Review, September

I have now entered the final third of the year with this post. September may not have been as interesting as August, especially with the euphoria of graduating from college wearing off, but I do have plenty of content to write.


The first origami model I did not enjoy assembling

Honestly I don't have much to say except I didn't enjoy assembling this modular origami model, especially with the many loose folds remaining after assembly. One of the few models I've disassembled and not regretted it.


Panera has a new sandwich that Mr. Sean likes?

Panera Bread used to have a delicious panini called the Cuban Chicken. The Cuban Chicken was one of my favorite Panera items until it went away. In September I had some Panera for the first time in a while and saw they had a new Cuban. The new Cuban is a more faithful take on the Cuban Sandwich with lots of pork and ham. I liked the new Cuban and hopefully Panera will keep that sandwich on their menu for years to come.


Even with not much to do, I still try to be organized

Sometimes I wonder if I'm too obsessed with being organized, but then I remember, it tends to make things easier to find.


Nearly five seconds better than my last fastest time trial

I was watching a speedrunner named AverageTrey playing Mario Kart Double Dash since he achieved the pinnacle of Super Mario Sunshine 100% with a sub 3 hour time (all 120 shines, all 240 blue coins, and defeating Bowser in an eighth of a day). I was inspired to try to improve some of my time trials times in MKDD and managed to do so on Yoshi's Circuit.


Evidence of my short speedrun craze

I tried to do some speedrunning of my own in September but quickly lost interest in it shortly thereafter. For the few weeks I was interested in doing speedruns, I picked Mario Kart DS to submit a Grand Prix time to the leaderboards at speedrun.com. It was okay, but I think I'll try speedrunning for myself again later.

Next up is the month antipodal to my birth month, the month that my dad says is the best: October.

No comments:

Post a Comment