Monday, December 24, 2018

2018 Year in Review, May

Even though May is only close to the middle of the year, it was also the month of endings this year. A lot of endings involving Millersville University.


Final River Views

Right outside of campus the Conestoga River meanders by and is a favorite hangout of people who want to get away from the busy-ness of campus life. Getting there always provided for a bit of a workout as there was a hill to conquer before getting to the river.


First (and perhaps last) time eating cookie dough and ice cream with friends

Lancaster has some good eats and right before Commencement, a few of my friends and I went downtown to celebrate the culmination of years of higher education. I got me some snickerdoodle cookie dough to go with my ice cream at Dough and Co. I like cookie dough but I'm more of a fan of freshly baked cookies.


We made it (well, she did, I almost did)

Commencement day, the final chapter in my undergraduate career, was bittersweet. It was nice to celebrate the fact that I made it (at least in Meteorology, I did have to come back to finish the math major), but it was hard to leave my friends. I really wish I could visit my friends some time in the near future. Also, Dr. Jackson, the Dean for the College of Science and Technology brought a lot of energy to commencement, especially for the students who earned honors, "SUMMA CUM LAUDE!!!"


MMMM, Thai food

Thai food is delicious, even Captain Obvious knows it is. Anyways, I decided to try something somewhat new. It was basically a seafood curry but it was not listed under the curry section of my local Thai restaurant's menu. It was spicy and tasty, very good!


The terminal is cool

I have previously had fun with using the Linux terminal to run Python programs, but then I found out how to do a similar thing with Java and using what I learned in CSCI 161, I was able to get the cool scaled rocket to appear on my terminal.

After May, things were not as exciting as I basically stayed at home most of the time, so June may not be as long of a post as the other months are, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment