Friday, December 21, 2018

2018 Year in Review, February

February may have been cold, but some of the stuff I was involved with kept me warm. Here's part two to the 2018 year in review.


Hodographs, enough said

In my Mesoscale Meteorology class, we finally got to learn about hodographs, how to read them, and how they represent thunderstorms. I prefer the Skew-T log-p diagrams (though the comparisons of the diagrams are apples to oranges).


2200 plus pieces, 12 hours, one complete tiny castle

Although I got the Himeji Castle Nanoblock set in January, I waited until I had some time in February to tackle it. With a few thousand pieces, it was very easy to drop and lose a piece but thankfully that didn't happen. The response to this picture on social media was quite positive.


Skyzone was very fun, also glow in the dark night

Thanks to the Honors College Student Association, I was able to go to Skyzone in Lancaster for the first and perhaps only time. It was glow in the dark night so I got a special t-shirt but I was hooked on the trampolines, though I didn't do any cool moves, I had much fun and hope to find another place like Skyzone sometime.


A taste of New Orleans? Perhaps, but needs remoulade instead of boom boom sauce.

The Upper Deck dining hall at Millersville hosts occasional theme meals and one of the theme meals this past academic year featured New Orleans food. Of course I had to get as much food as my plate could fit. Now I'm getting hungry for seafood, hush puppies, and biscuits, especially biscuits. Though I do have one time travel wish of going back to New Orleans just to tell myself who was at the AMS meeting not to eat at the riverside mall more than once.


100 laps, hopefully we'll find a cure soon.

My final participation in Relay for Life at Millersville was generally better than my participation in 2017 as I wasn't suffering from food poisoning this year. I had a goal of walking 100 laps around the SMC fitness center track and although my feet were yelling at me to sit down by the end of the event, I managed to complete my goal. Hopefully the cures for cancer will be found soon.

Tomorrow, we March on (also nobody can throw tomatoes at me through the Internet, so I can get away with the terrible play on words).

No comments:

Post a Comment