Saturday, December 22, 2018

2018 Year in Review, March

After this post I'll be a quarter of the way through the year. Hopefully 2019 will not be a snooze-fest.


Who's that man wearing the mask?

March started off with the Honors College Student Association annual Semi-Formal dance. This year's theme was a masquerade ball. I tried to evoke the image of a Tengu. A Tengu in Japanese folklore has many variations in looks and motives but the popular view is that Tengu are guardian spirits and known for their red hue. The dancing was fun, but I do wish that the HCSA would have ordered pot-stickers as part of the refreshments, I liked the pot-stickers from the 2017 formal.


Pizza, with ALL THE TOPPINGS

Mod Pizza and its rivals such as Blaze seem to have been popping up around the country as of recently, and for good reason. They allow for great customization of pizza. The vast array of toppings ensures that a personal pizza truly is personal. I appreciate the fact that they have corn as a topping, as my half-Japanese being does enjoy some of the toppings Japanese people put on their pizza.


Mr. Sean finally tries some treacle tart, and loves it

The Upper Deck had a Harry Potter themed dinner, it also snowed that day but I must focus on the food. The dining hall had British favorites such as fish and chips, Harry's favorite treacle tart, and for some reason, a spaghetti Bolognese that resembled and tasted rather similar to how my mom makes spaghetti with meat sauce. The food was good, especially the treacle tart and I had to have another one after I ate the first one. Maybe I'll make one of my own with help from a Binging with Babish video one day.


Reason 1 as to eat locally in Lancaster

One Friday, after class and work, I had some free time and went to downtown Lancaster to eat. First up was lunch at Sa La Thai where they had a ten dollar special consisting of a soup, an appetizer, and an entree. Of course, with me being me, I had to have some curry so I chose the massaman curry as my entree and it was good. I was still hungry for desert, but wanted to have it elsewhere so I headed over to Rachel's Creperie and got me some Mexican Hot Chocolate and crepes Nutella. Definitely a sweet way to end the week and the service is great. If you're ever in the Lancaster, PA area, go visit Rachel's! They even have savory crepes.


Five years later, all of them are on.

Although I aged out of Boy Scouts in 2013, I did not bother to sew on the final seven merit badges that I had earned. In 2017, I got me a sewing kit to motivate myself to sew the badges on without help from other people. I did get a little help from wikiHow on how to start, but thanks to a snow day and/or some early closing, I managed to sew on those final merit badges and now my merit badge sash is complete! I am currently working on sewing patches to a blanket and will post a photo when I am finished.

Three months down and tomorrow we focus on the best month in the year: April! I think y'all know why I say it is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment