Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017 Year in Review, August


Izzy Bizu, AlunaGeorge, and Coldplay (or the British Invasion 2017)

My brother Robbie, my dad, and I went down to FedEx Field one night in August to see Coldplay perform. We've been listening to Coldplay since at least the A Rush of Blood to the Head so we thought it'd be a cool concert to attend. It really was, and a bonus came from AlunaGeorge when they performed a song with a familiar tune to me. The song was You Know You Like It by DJ Snake and AlunaGeorge. What made the Coldplay portion of the concert amazing was the light display by the audience. Also they performed Clocks, which is my favorite Coldplay song. Izzy Bizu was also great!


Origami got tinier

I tried to find more challenges for origami besides modular origami, and I stumbled upon the idea of tiny origami. I'll just say that tiny origami is a real challenge, every fold must be precise lest the project be ruined. I was able to successfully fold this tiny crane that can fit inside a dime. Now if only I could make a tiny modular origami wreath that would be cool.


A historic moment in American astronomy

August 21, 2017 will go down in history as a day when all of America tried to see the moon block the sun visually. Although some people strived for seeing totality within a narrow band from coast to coast, I was satisfied with the partial eclipse up in Maryland, especially since I got my cereal box pinhole projector to work. Bonus: there were a lot of clouds wanting to ruin the fun, but even they appeared through the projection.


New glasses who dis?

After two years with old glasses and a pair of new glasses that didn't work correctly, I got me a new set of peepers, and I don't take very many selfies, but new glasses are always selfie-worthy. 


Some work and some play
This picture of my desk may be one of the last pictures of my desk at Millersville University, and although my super-senior year will be full of hard work I must remember to also have a little fun while I'm going at it. I only wish that the bookshelf part of the desk was raised a little higher so I could fit my TV under it.

No comments:

Post a Comment