Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017 Year in Review, November


A combination of several cultures

I love food as evidenced by the many food photos, but one day at lunch, I hit the jackpot. There was macaroni salad, rice, miso soup, chirashi-zushi, and Toll House pie all at the same time. I had to get a meat item to complete the makeshift Hawaiian plate lunch idea (a meat item served with rice and macaroni salad) and the miso soup and pickles made for a good basic Japanese breakfast (though I guess a proper breakfast would have fish, I win some I lose some). A taste of mom's cooking and a taste of where I was born (Hawaii) and it was all for me!


Study fuel

This may look like a humble roast beef sandwich from Saxby's (a coffee shop), but the combination of the fresh veggies, roast beef, and a spicy sauce make it one of my favorite items from there. The roast beef sandwich was eaten in hopes of providing brain fuel throughout the semester, and especially in times where extra brain power was needed, such as this November.


A lot to be thankful for

The HUB at Millersville as I mentioned earlier has free lunch on Thursday and french toast Friday nights. They also have a food pantry for people to take food as they need for free. Then there's the family atmosphere at the HUB, some people will bond over conversation of school while eating food while other students and local community members race each other in Mario Kart or duke it out in Super Smash Bros in the room next to the dining area. There is a lot to be thankful for at the HUB and good times is what I'm thankful for.


A celebration of meteorology

This is the aforementioned King Air aircraft mentioned in the October post. Around 40 students from the four universities got to fly in the airplane and do some cool research while thousands of feet off the ground. I stayed Earthside for the mission but did provide an important service with forecasting and determining based off of the forecasts whether the plane is clear for takeoff or if we needed to let it rest for the day. One time I had to be up at 3 am to give the forecast, and thankfully most people sleep at 3 am, as I also had to deliver the forecast to representatives from the four universities. The two week project was a success and there was a pizza party to cap it all off. Thank you University of Wyoming, Rutgers, Penn State, UMBC, and Millersville for giving me a chance to work on research in meteorology!


I'm ready!

For me, it's okay to start getting into the Christmas spirit after Thanksgiving. So here's how I got into the spirit, making a large origami wreath from 18 sheets of 8 inch paper. Too bad it couldn't stick to the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment