Saturday, December 30, 2017

2017 Year in Review, May



A First Friday Fiesta

First Friday is an event in Lancaster where the arts flourish on the first Friday of every month in Lancaster. I was out and about in Lancaster for First Friday in May, which so happened to fall on el Cinco de Mayo. I don't celebrate it correctly as I'm not from Puebla and didn't defeat the French in 1862, but I couldn't help but eat at Robburitos to feel a little more festive. They've got good burritos and some great BBQ sauces.


A farewell to some of my friends, but with delicious food to eat

The Thursday of finals week, the Asian and Friends Affiliation had one last farewell event. We went to the Himalayan Curry and Grill in downtown Lancaster and we had a great time feasting on Indian and Nepali dishes. I got the Chicken Tikka Masala with medium heat. It was perfect for me, but apparently too much heat for other people. Kianna, Hayley, Kianna and Hayley's friends, and I had a great time feasting then going for cupcakes at Lancaster Cupcake.


The start of an improved me, or maybe improved handwriting

Right after I got home from college after eight semesters down, I opened my package from Amazon and took out the thing I really wanted, a Leuchtturm 1917 dotted ruled journal. I was watching a video from a German YouTuber named Trixi and she was showing off her bullet journal and inspired me to try making and using my own bullet journal. So far, after about 7 months of use, I could do better, but it has been a good help to me in organizing my life and recording my life in hard copy.


Pusheen, but with sushi!

One day while going around the local mall, something caught my eye. It was a Pusheen plush eating sushi! I know that Pusheen loves to eat food (like me!) but most of the other plushes were of regular food such as chips and pizza, I knew I had to get one that better represented me, so I got the sushi Pusheen and named him Susheen (yes I know Pusheen is a she, but I decided for Susheen to be similar to me, that Susheen is a he). Susheen should really only steal my glasses if he wants to do my hard work.


Giant Spiky Origami Ball of Doom

After having folded 1000 cranes in 2016, I was on the hunt for new origami challenges. I found one in the idea of modular origami. The premise was simple, fold one sheet into a shape, then fold more sheets into the same shape with pockets and tips and put the origami shapes together to create something more than the sum of the parts. This photo shows a 30 unit Sonobe Stellated Icosahedron, but I like to call it the Giant Spiky Origami Ball of Doom.

No comments:

Post a Comment