Monday, December 18, 2017

A history of Music and I, Part One


Just a few musical instruments that are mine

Now that my ninth semester at Millersville University is finished, I can try to focus on pursuits that aren't called "exams". There may or may not be more blog posts during this winter break. Anyways, I decided to focus on music for this post since it is one of the three Ms that have played a large role in my life (the other two being Meteorology and Mathematics). Although I didn't have too much interest with music through elementary school, there was one thing that led me down the rabbit hole and I haven't emerged from it since. My brother got piano lessons a few months before my family moved to Maryland, and him having piano lessons made me jealous, so my parents relented and let me also have a crack at the piano. Those first piano lessons went along okay, but in retrospect could have used more structure. Wish granted, as the second piano teacher I was a student under brought some much needed structure and a clearer sense of achievement. When fifth grade came around, the music class was promoting the band, orchestra, and chorus, my dad encouraged me to join the band, and after listening to some clips of instruments on the Internet, I started my journey on the clarinet, which will have to be saved for a future blog post, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment