Friday, December 29, 2017

2017 Year in Review, March


Not just any croissant, a glazed croissant

In March, I finally had the chance to visit Central Market in Lancaster. It's one of the most interesting places to be at in Lancaster, as there are so many food stands, some run by Amish, while other stands offer a taste of the world such as Narai Thai and Safie's Middle Eastern. This place is packed despite being open early, and I was looking around when two words caught my eye: Shady Maple. Turns out that the Shady Maple that my friends were raving about had a bakery operations in downtown Lancaster and they had glazed croissants, which I had to try one as it sounded delicious, it was!


The Angry Pac-Man

Over the spring break that occurred before the start of spring, my parents took me to Blaze Pizza for the first time. It was a little daunting figuring out what I wanted to put on my pizza toppings-wise, but I managed to get all the toppings I wanted on my pizza and realized there was a lot of red, so I gave my pizza the name of The Angry Pac-Man and Blaze Pizza liked that when I shared the name to social media.


Maryland's Huge Cake

Thank goodness for a restaurant called Eggspectation. Thanks to them, I didn't have to travel to Smith Island in far southern Maryland to get my hands on a slice of the state dessert Smith Island Cake. Many layers of cake and chocolate is the best explanation I can give before it got devoured by hungry ole' me.


Found my childhood inside Millersville University's Math building

I decided that if I wanted to spend my time studying, some of it had to happen in the math building rather than my dorm room. Turns out one of the study rooms had the Everyday Mathematics workbooks that constituted my math lessons while at Mission Viejo Elementary in Aurora, CO. The childhood nostalgia was strong the day I found the workbooks.


"Science is so Amazing!" - Ash Ketchum


I was told that helping out at the Science Olympiad was a very worthwhile cause. It was, and I don't say that just because I got delicious pasta salad in my lunch, no siree, it was seeing all the youth that were inspired by the science they were doing that day that made volunteering at the Science Olympiad worthwhile. Hopefully we can keep encouraging America's youth to keep going with their interest in science.

No comments:

Post a Comment