Friday, December 29, 2017

2017 Year in Review, February


China Party Meal and homework for either Abstract Algebra or Number Theory

There's really only one reason I go to the Park City Center Mall rather frequently and it's for the food court Chinese food that has barbecued pork (and the teriyaki chicken is also pretty good). In this picture, I pretend to be doing something productive for Dr. Ikenaga, but I forget which class this specific homework was for, oh well, if you want to take a math class with one of the best, Dr. Ikenaga is one of the best! 


It only cost me about 10 bucks, and I like it better than a lot of what was on TV in 2017

Over winter break, thanks to the TV, I found a show from the past that I ended up liking: Hogan's Heroes. The basic premise is that there is an Army Air Forces colonel named Robert Hogan (after the real life actor Robert Hogan) who is "stuck" inside a German POW (Prisoner of War) camp and he is able to outsmart the camp commandant Colonel Klink and the Sergeant of the Guard Schultz while also outsmarting German foes that are more dangerous than Klink and Schultz with his ragtag team of a few Americans, a Frenchman, and a Brit. The setting might be a serious event, but this show is great at showing some comedy.


This heart could represent love for someone, or a love for origami

I figured that since I didn't have a Valentine to woo, that I would celebrate in a way fitting to me, making origami related to Valentine's Day.


A welcome sight, free lunch on a blustery cold Thursday in February

Near Campus is a church that offers free lunch on Thursdays, and French Toast on Fridays, and is a good place for community and meeting new people and making friends, also popular at said church is Super Smash Bros. in the room right next to the place where there's free lunch.


I must stay awake, I have it easy

At the end of February, Millersville University hosted its annual Relay for Life event where teams of people stay up all night, raising funds and awareness for cancer while walking many miles all the while. 2017 was not an easy year regarding cancer as it was the tenth anniversary of losing my step-grandfather GrandZeb and the fifth anniversary of losing Sarah McMahon (the person I ran for while training for the inaugural Rock n' Roll Half-Marathon DC in 2012). Though for me personally, attending Relay was challenging as I was still recovering from what felt like food poisoning, and of course I get sleepy rather easily. Thankfully, I had many friends that were also participating such as my meteorology classmates Dan and Brandon and in particular two friends of mine that kept me going until the end: Shelby and Elizabeth One day, we'll vanquish cancer!

No comments:

Post a Comment