Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017 Year in Review, July


Tasty, Spicy, Thai

Just before I left for Fair Bluff, NC in July, this Panang Curry was my last supper at home. Although my favorite curry is Japanese curry, Thai curries I really like also.


Hot day, Cool hat, Wild rides

On the way down to Fair Bluff, the youth group I was helping with stopped at Kings Dominion. Some of the group decided to cool off at the water park portion of KD but the group I was with strived to be Ride Warriors and riding all the roller coasters and other thrill rides. I ate at a food place that served up some delicious pulled pork, but I decided to try again coleslaw, and I found it to be good, which is good if I eat more pulled pork or other southern food. Also, I got a cool cowboy hat from an amusement park in Virginia.


Pure awesomeness

I went down to Fair Bluff, NC for a week with my former youth pastor (former meaning I'm not a youth anymore) Chris and his youth group from Revolution Annapolis. It was nice to meet new people while also seeing some familiar faces. Fair Bluff, NC was one of the towns hardest impacted by Hurricane Matthew in 2016, and I figured I would spend a week down there to help people rebuild. I went only expecting to help people physically and spiritually, but I experienced more than I expected with the nice community of people, the teamwork on our roof where instead of two squads working on two sub-projects, the two squads became a supersquad and worked on the whole roof as one team, excellent food and hospitality from the local churches, the best phone signal being inside a port-a-john (I kid you not on that), and the fact that essentially a bunch of people previously unknown to the area would willingly spend a week of their lives away from a comfy bed ready to work in the hot and humid North Carolina summer. One of the best things about 2017 was this one week!


Finding something I thought I lost

I got me the double digit 24 game at a yard sale I helped out at to raise funds for the mission trip to Fair Bluff, NC when I wonder if I ever got rid of the factors/multiples box I got as a birthday present so long ago. I frantically looked for it thinking I got rid of it but when I found it, relief! Though I do wish that I had it on me at school for spring semester, it would have been a good help for Abstract Algebra and Number Theory I kid you not.


THUNDER!!!

One day in July while I was working at Panera instead of a nice orange sunset on display, I saw an ominous purple cloud with a pink feature, turns out it was a cumulonimbus cloud and the local area got drenched in rain with lightning flashing the sky that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment