Friday, March 22, 2019

March Mania Day 22: 100 Word Challenge: Learning Japanese


A Calligraphy kit and some Japanese language learning books

I'm very sorry for the late posting of today's March Mania post, I crashed early and woke up realizing that I've only an hour and a half left to post this. Anyways I'll be explaining my struggles and attempts at learning my literal mother's tongue: Japanese! All in 100 words like the past five posts this week. Ready? We're off!

100 Word Challenge: Learning Japanese

The struggle so far seems to be speaking as there are many homophones in Japanese as it has five vowels and is limited by the requirement to end in vowels or 'n'. I've been trying to get off the ground floor by learning the writing systems. Kana are relatively easy but I've a lot of kanji to learn. Recently I've set up some loose leaf paper so that I have squares to write kana, later I can apply the same idea to when I need to practice kanji. Repetition helps, such as reading about sumo techniques and names of wrestlers.

Word Count (Word 2013): 100 words


No comments:

Post a Comment