Thursday, March 7, 2019

March Mania Day 7: Photography

Sorry I'm late getting this post out, but I essentially took half an eight hour sleep this evening instead of a one hour planned nap. Anyways, before I sleep some more here is my blog post for March Mania on Photography.

It technically started in 2007, but let's just say that I wasn't a serious photography enthusiast until Christmas day 2008. That was the day I was gifted my first digital camera: a blue Fujifilm Finepix camera. I was so excited to try it out that I took pictures of various things around the house such as the Christmas tree, the TV, and even one selfie. Let's just say that I look less awkward than I did in eighth grade. At first, the bulk of my photography was taking pictures of the TV trying to catch funny moments in cartoons, but I deleted most of those photographs as most of them did not catch the funny moment or I missed. I took my camera wherever I could take it as I knew other places were prime real estate for taking pictures. I can't say I'll ever be a professional photographer, but I can say that I've taken photos on the peaks of mountains two miles high, photos taken on another continent, photos of friends, photos of historical landmarks, cool looking photos, terrible photos. All I know is, it's been ten years and I haven't gotten tired of photography, even when I tried to post a daily Instagram photo in 2017 and sometimes material was scarce. I hope that my Canon camera from 2011, or my phone, or whatever comes next will continue to help me with keeping my interest in photography strong for the next ten years. Though with a few tripods, I can try (and have tried) my hand at videos.

To end this post, I'll post a picture from each year between 2009 and 2018 that I can say is my favorite for each year.


2009: Hatem Memorial Bridge


2010: Weverton Cliffs overlooking the Potomac River


2011: Looking at Manhattan from the Rockefeller Center


2012: Hotel de Ville (City Hall), Paris


2013: One of my favorite selfies


2014: One of my fondest moments as a Millersville Meteorology student


2015: A good looking sunset


2016: Penn Square in downtown Lancaster at Christmastime


2017: The sky was a cool color one evening


2018: Technically I'm cheating with this one as this is a mashup of photos from 2015 or 2016 through 2018, but in 2018 I finally snapped a photo of the Biemesderfer Executive Center at Millersville University in each of the four seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment