Sunday, March 3, 2019

March Mania Day 3: Cursive

Welcome back to March Mania, today I'll look at cursive, the seemingly outdated way of writing things out.

Although computers have made creating documents for reading much easier for the writer or typist, there is still some good in writing out words by hand. For me, writing by hand hasn't always been easy, well, easy for other people to read that is. My print tended to be illegible even when I tried to be neat. In third grade, we were taught how to write in cursive and I remember my teacher Ms. Vlach praising me on my lowercase z. My parents looked at my cursive work and said that I should write in cursive more as it was more legible. Although I didn't use cursive so much after elementary school, I never forgot how to write in it. I was able to write my SAT essay in cursive but it's only been since around the time I graduated from college that I've been trying to use it more. It did help with reading notes that I took for studying before exams and was still easier to read than some of my print (which has been improving over the past nearly twenty years). It also feels rather satisfying to know that I actively contributed to writing out information rather than passively pressing buttons. Also my cursive does tend to be neater than my print. Now I just have to work on making my cursive neat in my bullet journal.



No comments:

Post a Comment