Saturday, March 9, 2019

March Mania Day 9: Project Euler

Today's post won't be as interesting as I don't have any images and haven't made it far progress-wise.

So I like math and puzzles and have worked quite extensively with computers, so a challenge solving math problems that computers can help with sounds like just the kind of thing I would enjoy. It all started with a co-worker from my IT job at Millersville University. He suggested that I try a website called Project Euler. Project Euler has a collection of more than 600 math problems that are guaranteed to give people a challenge and figuring out the solution requires ingenuity, patience, logic, and sometimes a computer. My personal journey in Project Euler so far has been fun, even though I've only solved about ten problems. Sorry I haven't had much to say about this subject, but now that I'm out of school, I have some time to try to solve these problems and sharpen my brain in programming and math skills. An example problem includes finding the sum of multiples of specific numbers below a chosen number (Look for problem 1 for the specifics). In good news, tomorrow's post will be about Sumo, of which I'll have more immediate knowledge. Apologies for the short post today y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment